ZAMFARA STATE PALLIATIVE ON COVID-19 TAX RELIEF MEASURES FOR CORPORATE AND INDIVIDUAL TAX PAYERS
His Excellency Zamfara State Governor Hon. Dr. Bello Mohammed Matawallen Maradun has approved a series of measures to help in cushioning the effect of Covid-19 on individual tax payers and corporate bodied in the State.
This is as a result of the observation that the Corona Virus Pandemic has caused several challenges to global health and Socio-economic activities leading to business losses and income stagnation.
2. The additional measures approved by His Excellency, The Executive Governor of Zamfara State, is in line with the World Bank recommendation to States and nations tax relief packages to mitigate the adverse impact of Covid-19 Pandemic, the following are the additional approved measures by the State Government.
1. Deadline of filling of Annual Tax returns for all businesses and individual extended to 30th September, 2020.
2. The Annual Development Levy imposed by Law on every taxable individual in the state is hereby waived by 50% for the year 2020.
3. 50% waiver of penalty and interest charged for under deductions and late remittance granted to all taxpayers effective 1st July, 2020 to 31st December, 2020.
4. 100% waiver granted on Business Premises Registration and Renewal to Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) for the year 2020.
5. Suspension of the fully Implementation of all new rate of Fines, Fees and Levies covered under the reversed tax Laws and suspension is for the period of 1st July, 2020 to 31st June, 2021.
6. Suspension of Road Taxes, Daily Ticketing from 1st July, 2020 to 31st December, 2020.
7. 100% waiver of taxes for Presumptive Tax (Applicable to Informal Sectors Only).
3. In view of the above, all staffs of Zamfara State Internal revenue Service (ZIRS)and the general public are hereby advised to take note of these measures and work towards implementing them fully and be prepared to receive feedback from the taxpayers. All Revenue Electronic platforms are ready for tax returns and enquiry response.
For further enquiry, please contact our Zonal offices as well as our State Headquarters in Gusau. You may also visit our website www.zamfarabir.com or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The State Board of Internal Revenue will meet with various stakeholders for further sensitization on these palliatives.
Lubabatu Isah Mayana, FCTI